Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: Here is the reason I became so interesting in American Girl (Album)

  1. #11
    Inactive Member marilyn2222's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 16th, 2005
    Posts
    225
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wow, that is so amazing. Everything is in great condition. I can't believe that the elastic is still in good shape. You are very lucky.

  2. #12
    Inactive Member geneobug's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2005
    Posts
    191
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't think styles changed much after WWII evidently. Those clothes look a lot like what I wore around 1950 and later. I had a Toni doll that I really played with. I also have a collection of Madam Alexander dolls that I played with too, but they are in almost mint condition. The hairnets are still on. Obviously, I was an only child.

    I love the album. What fun memories!

  3. #13
    Inactive Member cowgirlsue's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13th, 2006
    Posts
    391
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Absolutely beautiful! I was gasping with awe at both Bluey and her clothing..but what makes her really special is the family connection. Thanks for sharing!

  4. #14
    Inactive Member MOM to JILLIAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2nd, 2006
    Posts
    684
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wonderful album! The outfits show your grandmother's talent as a seamstress. I know you'll treasure them for ever. It is so neat that they fit on your Molly. forums

  5. #15
    Inactive Member Kenshinchan's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2006
    Posts
    1,024
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    What beautiful clothes, and Bluey is darling too! I love her name. [img]smile.gif[/img] I like the red coat quite a bit, and the dresses all look well-made! A few are "dated" (which is actually cool; proves they're historical [img]biggrin.gif[/img] ) and many of them are forever classic. Everything there is lovely. Amazing how great so many of the items look on Molly. Thanks so much for posting!

  6. #16
    Inactive Member sunnieshoes's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 18th, 2006
    Posts
    15
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    What a beautiful collection! And, what a gift to have them handed down through your family!

    I showed your album to my daughter (age 11), who "oohed" and "aahhed" through it all. We were both moved by the history that accompanies your doll and outfits.

    Thank you so much for sharing!

  7. #17
    Felicity_Fan85
    Guest Felicity_Fan85's Avatar

    Post

    Those outfits are wonderful! What a great collection for Molly to wear!

  8. #18
    MickeyFan
    Guest MickeyFan's Avatar

    Post

    What a wonderful collection. It must be very special to you to have so much family history. Thanks for sharing [img]smile.gif[/img] It is wonderful to see the styles from the '40's.

  9. #19
    prasnlrd
    Guest prasnlrd's Avatar

    What a spectacular collection and story. How priceless! Those clothes were sooooo gorgeous! I love both coat sets and those pretty "girly" dresses were exquisite! Congratulations and thanks for sharing that beautiful treasure with us! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

    [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]

  10. #20
    Inactive Member Molly92's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 9th, 2005
    Posts
    168
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have been away for the past few days so haven't been able to post. I am glad you all liked the album.

    To answer the question about how everything was kept in good condition. Actually it was kept in a card board box on the main floor of a house in a closet for many years. Then about ten years ago my mom trasfered everything over to a large plastic storage bin. We have never put anything in there with it. This is good news for all of us who want to keep our collections nice for many years to come.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •